Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Two Thousand 'Fine and Dandy' Nine

Hello and Happy New Year! It's been a while since I've blogged about my very very interesting life. What can I say, time flies.

So what have I been doing for these past few weeks? Well, I went on a seaweed camp. Yes, it was awesome. I loved it. I was a seaweed expert for 2 weeks, tops 3 weeks. Got burnt and roasted on the reef and endured more wet weather. Unfortunately that part of my life is now in the past. I no longer know the names of these slimy green/red/brown plant which they call algae. Instincts will tell me what can be eaten and what cannot. All together AUD 7000+ to gain those important knowledge, crammed in 2 weeks.

After camp and 6 hours worth of exam, I became a bum. A bum that wakes up at 8 am and stares into the abyss. An abyss of well whatever that was in font of me that the time. It was terrible. I was happy that I'm done with my undergraduate degree but sad that I am now unemployed and friendless in this wonderful yet dreadful boring city.

So after Christmas I went to look for jobs, looking as in searching online and attaching resumes through emails. I didn't feel like walking around and handing it in personally. So I waited for what it seemed to be ages until I got a reply from this restaurant, an asian cuisine kinda fine dining restaurant, and was asked to drop by for an interview which I went. I don't have much experience so any job offered to me I would gladly take. So the floor manager asked me, urm don't you want to know how much the pay is?. OH yea...of course, I knew I forgotten something. You get paid when you work, hooray! But to my horror, the pay was well Shit. ..I took it anyway. Came Friday, training day. One hour in and I wanted to slap myself and walk out of that place. For the next 4 hours, I was hoping she wouldn't call me back, or roster me after this training was over. I mean after all it's just training...I know I wasted her time, but hey while I was there, there was only ONE customer that came for lunch. Fine dining is just not for me. I'm not very proper person, I cannot recommend you wine or even remember all the 15-20 different wines that they serve in the restaurant, and not to forget beers and the many beverages they offer. I can't serve wine without dripping it everywhere, red wine especially! Argh Killmenow!

I JUST DON'T WANT THIS JOB!

But I need it. I need the money because I would like to pay for my own rent and bills and food like any other 23 year old would. So I sucked up and told myself to endure it.

While waiting for the call, I got another interview with another cafe, and yes anyone in their right mind would go for it. Lets just say after the interview, I called up the fine dining place to tell them that I don't want to work for them even though I haven't gotten this new job. It just made me realise how dumb I was to work for less than mininum wage at a FINE dining restaurant when I can get more working in a small cafe. Infact I can earn more money buy selling stuff on ebay......Well I dont know that for sure but it beats serving old rich uptight people and working with staff that would only speak mandarin or cantonese in front of you.

Blah.

I know I should be looking for a real job now but I'm actually afraid of getting rejected therefore I'm just delaying that process by working as a food servant for a while, " To find myself " I say.
Bullcrap and shit I know but life is short. I do not know how that relates to my situation but hey oh wells.

I'm currently waiting for my seaweed results to determine if I can officially graduate in March. I pray ten thousand times a day that I do. I bloody have to and when I do, I can apply to be a permanent resident which I pray even more to get. Nothing beats planning out your life one step at a time.

So wish me luck! I will find out if I get this job and that I pass my degree and graduate in March this week. My first crucial life changing urm event of this year. WOots! Boy, I so can't wait.


deviantart

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online